Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin

I have been craving for this food for so long. The first time I had a taste of it was last year at Starbucks Coffee shop. Starbucks' version were Lemon Poppy Seed loaf and Honey Orange Poppy Seed loaf. Both were yummy. Too bad they stop serving these kind of loafs. And because of that, my search for Poppy Seed bread began. 

Last Sunday, I accompanied my bf to buy some stuff in the grocery. We went to S&R, The Fort branch. I was hungry at that time so I checked the bread section of S&R, to my surprise I saw the food I'm craving for.. Poppy Seeds.. ahahha!  At first, I couldn't believe it so I read again the label and it made me smile.. a big smile. So, I bought a set of Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins for Php180. The muffins were big. I was so happy at that time.. it was a Eureka moment for me.


After doing the grocery, we went to Starbucks to buy a Chocolate Chip frappe with roasted coffee Jelly to be paired with my Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin. It's the best snack combination for me.


WARNING. Don't eat Poppy Seed if you'll having a drug test. Why? You'll get a positive result. Myth Buster already proven it. Poppy Seed and heroin came from the same plant Opium Poppy. The unripe seeds or pods are the culprit not the ripe Poppy seeds. IThe unripe seeds has opiates that causes the result to be positive. However,  the ripe Poppy Seed has many health benefts such as:
  •  it has zinc, copper, calcium, iron, thiamin and magnesium which helps in fighting disease.
  • reduces heart attacks  and prevents breast cancer
  • lowers cholesterol
  • stabilizes blood sugar

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post sis. I wonder how many people ate poppy seed laden foods and had to take a drug test soon afterwards. :P

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...